Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

Discernment

Dear brothers and sisters in Christ,

If my life could be summed up in one word right now it would be "discernment." If it could be summed up in two, it would be "discernment" and "confusion". I realize that this is not at all what God wants of me, and much less what I want of myself. I have been longing for a freedom which I have not allowed myself to feel, a freedom of living in God and Him in me.

Being in high school sucks, in a lot of ways. It is also a fantastic time with fantastic people, and I go to a fantastic school. Sometimes though, it's so easy to see how it sucks. Sucks bad. Once more, not what God wants for anyone. (Not high school, but the suckiness). Anyway, I have had a tough time discerning, I have been putting myself in the way, and that is where my problem lies. I need to work on being nothing. That in itself would be a series of blog posts.

The reason that I am writing to you right now though, is because I have had a revelation. First, God loves me more than I ever thought before. Second, He wrote my desires, and wants me to be happy. Third, I need to get out of my way to be with God, in other words, humility. Fourth, discerning can often be hard and confusing.

I know other things too, thankfully, but those are the most relevant for this post. One thing that God has led me to, through spiritual direction, is this fantastic article. This post leads up to this article http://www.peterkreeft.com/topics/discernment.htm which you should read, NOW.

Even if you are married, celibate, or decided in your vocation, this can help you. It talks about God's role in our lives, and our role in His life. Please, do yourself a favor, do the church a favor, and read this article.

Life can be crazy at times, absolutely crazy. That is what my life kind of feels like right now, but that's ok. God's in control (thank Him)! This article though, lets life's crazy beautifulness make a lot of sense. Please pray for me, I pray for you :) .

Peace and Love in Christ,
Alyse

No comments:

Post a Comment