Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

Little Chapels Everywhere

Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
I was really blessed on new years eve night to be able to go to a midnight mass. We went to a missionaries of charity convent for mass. When we arrived at the convent, we knocked on the door and my sister was playing around a little window, my grandma silently shushed her and told her that that was the chapel window. Beforehand we all had to slip off our shoes and then we walked into a small room and sat on folding chairs about six feet from the altar. There were five priests and a handful of seminarians along with six missionaries of charity and a few other people. I couldn't think of a better way to ring in the new year than with a beautiful mass with a wonderful group of people. Everything about the mass was so blessed and I could feel God's presence so strongly in that tiny chapel.
I just thought it was so wonderful that in such an unexpected place there was such a wonderful little chapel full of wonderful, faithful people. It opened my eyes to all of the little chapels everywhere that are faithful and bless our world so much! Happy new year everyone, have a fantastic, blessed year. God bless.
Peace and love in Christ,
Alyse

1 comment: