Pages

Friday, August 23, 2013

My Mother Mary

Dear brothers and sisters in Christ,

So, I have started my college life. It was a hard decision at first because my heart has been so set on missions for so long. However, through a series of signs and miracles, God has brought me to a great Catholic school on a full scholarship. Praise Him!

It has been tough adjusting to all of these new things– dorm life, classes, cafeteria food, being without my family and friends– but through it all God has been extremely faithful in His promise to me. He has not left me alone.

I had the blessing to go to adoration and praise and worship. Mostly I sat and talked to God, and tried to keep my heart open for what He was saying to me. I started thinking about my mom, and how much I miss her. Saying goodbye was really hard, and dropping her off at the airport was a farewell to my last bit of home. So I started to talk to Mary, who I am consecrated to, and told her how hard it all is. I looked at Jesus in the eucharist and thought of her amazing love for Him.

Mary, the first Christian. Mary, the first of Jesus' missionaries. Mary, our mother. Mary, my mother.

I kept my eyes on Christ, and realized– she was gazing at Him with me. She was hurting for my hurt with me, and being with my mom with me. In a realest of real ways, she was by my side, loving our Lord with me. She was just loving Him perfectly.

You are never alone when you know the Lord. The Saints, Mary, and the intercession of the faithful are with you. And even when it feels like I have been dropped into this new world by myself, I haven't been. My mom is still with me, just not the petite blonde, blue eyed one.

I just wanted to share my consolation. I know we can all feel alone at times, but we are not. And it's so peaceful to know that.

In Him,
Alyse

4 comments:

  1. Alyse I am proud of all you have been doing in college. I hope you find a way to continue that thread of life into this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This design is incredible! You definitely know how to keep a reader amused. Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost...HaHa!) Excellent job. I really enjoyed what you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it. Too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello to every one, the contents present at this web page are really remarkable for people experience, well, keep up the good work fellows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! This is kind of off topic but I need some guidance from an established blog. Is it tough to set up your own blog? I'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick. I'm thinking about making my own but I'm not sure where to start. Do you have any points or suggestions? Appreciate it

    ReplyDelete