Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Instantaneously

Dear readers,
As I sat at a stoplight the other day and after about 40 seconds started to get impatient I stopped myself and began to think. Why am I so impatient? In a world of fast food, instant play movies, rapid Internet and convenience stores on every corner than why in the world do I freak out after 2 minutes in a line to McDonald's? Everything must be now or in a few seconds to gratify me. "For I know the plans I have for you" says the Lord. His timing is not our own. Did I ever stop and think, "just maybe these 57 seconds of waiting will teach me patience and help me grow as a person." The answer is sadly, no. I don't, everything must be this instant, right now. I think how funny I must look to God. Instead of using that little bit of time for meditation or prayer it is strictly the most awful thing in existence. I am not saying I don't have something to do in a certain amount of time, but will freaking out help me? No. I need patience, what if God wants me to wait 50 years for the exact moment that will change my life forever? Am I patient enough to wait or will I actually,because of impatience, give up on God? I need to grow in the virtue of patience. Please pray for me!
Peace and Love in Christ,
Alyse

No comments:

Post a Comment