Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Praise Him!

Dear readers,
First of all I am sorry I haven't posted in forever! I have been so busy and blessed lately. Please be praying for all those discerning to be missionaries and that if it is God's will that I will be able to go on mission trips this summer.
Yesterday at mission formation my Mommee said something that got me thinking. She said how she attends a prayer group that she has attended for a long time, and how it makes an impression on her how differently everyone praises God. How differently they act in their relationship with him. And I started to think how beautiful that is. There are missionaries, nuns, priests, families, single people from every walk of life and in every situation possible and yet we all can praise God. He isn't picky how we do it or where or what language we speak or how elegant our vocabulary is. All that matters is that we praise him. We can draw close to him in so many different ways, it can be amidst thousands of people in the Vatican square or in a dark room by yourself in a jungle. I was thinking how beautiful that is! So many situations are selective, you get a certain job with certain qualifications. Or you have certain friends because of certain aspects of your life. But when we are praising God and serving him all that is stripped away and is just us and him, together sharing in his love! The most important thing is to praise him and give him praise. And I think it is one of the most beautiful things too!
Peace and Love in Christ,
Alyse

3 comments:

  1. Hey! How are you?
    We are all fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have an email? 'Cause you could put in a comment, I have comment moderation and I would NOT publish it. Blessings,
    Abi
    P.S This is my sisters account.

    ReplyDelete