Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

He has overcome!

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

I think this is an amazing verse, what a consolation! So many times I am overwhelmed, overwhelmed by the world and all of the bad that it contains. It seems impossible to overcome it all, and for us it is. But here we can take heart and know that we don't need to overcome it because it has already been claimed. Jesus came and he claimed it, he overcame the world and it is his. The troubles will not follow us, we do not need to be afraid. Because the one who saved us and who gives us life and freedom has the world, and we don't need to worry. It is exciting! And even though we will have trouble, we belong to him and the world is his. Praise God!
Peace and love in Christ!
Alyse

No comments:

Post a Comment