Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

The Kids

Brothers and SIsters in Christ,
I am back at Big Woods visiting my family and friends for a week. I was so blessed this weekend! I went to my new little cousin's baptism which was beautiful, visited a bunch of relatives and helped with an all saint's day party. I was dressed up as the three theological virtues, faith hope and love, and was able to tell kids about my costume and hand them candy :). To watch all of the children playing and rejoicing in God and his Saints was a great experience.
I came back to Big Woods and this morning the community with intake, had morning prayer. I was with all of the kid's for their sharing and prayer. To see their genuine love, simplicity and joy was such a blessing! Afterwards, I went over to the office and was stopped by Maria, a little missionary, and she asked me that when I go to Mexico next that I give her 11 cents to the poor. I was so touched! She had her hand outreached holding her dime and penny with such love in her eyes, it was so beautiful.
Later, Maria made me a "picture holder" out of crumpled paper and made one for my mom too. She also made me a pinky ring out of beads and her pretty green wire :). Her generosity really inspired me and blessed me a lot.
All of this, along with some beautiful scripture, reminded me how precious God's children are to him. How much he delights in all of us, especially the children. God Bless!
Peace and love in Christ,
Alyse

1 comment:

  1. Alyse,
    We surely enjoyed having you around for All Saints. I hope to see you soon. The story about Maria made me smile -- it is a good description of her.

    ReplyDelete