Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

Temptations

Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
I have been thinking a lot lately about temptation and about how easy it is for the devil to get at us with it. Temptation is so powerful and harmful that it is the way that Satan chose to try to trick Jesus into falling. What actually sparked this topic is that a while ago I was sitting with a bag of rice cakes next to me. I love them, they are really delicious, anyhow as I ate I realized that I am having supper later. Instead of stopping I continued to munch slowly because the bag was sitting right there. Unlike sin, rice cakes aren't evil but still as it sits there it makes you fall. If there is one way to ensure that you will fall into sin it is to surround yourself with temptation. An easy way to stay away from sin is to make a conscious effort to pluck out the temptation in your life. One thing that always reminds me of how serious it is is in the Bible where it says "If your eye causes you to sin pluck it out", that is really serious. I guess that is it, but it just has been on my heart a lot lately. God bless!
Peace and love in Christ,
Alyse

No comments:

Post a Comment