Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

My job

Dear brothers and sisters in Christ,
I have a job! It is only part time, I get to hold a sign on the side of the road for two hours a day for two weeks. Exciting huh? As I stand there my options are very limited to what I can do, yet God can bless people in the least seemingly blessed places. I entertain myself by looking for familiar cars, one is a car with eyelashes, and finding out the most comfortable way to how to hold the sign. Also I do some other things, and now I will list all that has blessed me.
It is rather boring to stand on the side of the road, and yet I decided to smile the whole time. I prayed that people can somehow see my love of Christ through my smile instead of the usual "kill me now" look of others I have seen holding signs.
I pray a rosary everyday! This has blessed me soooo much because I love to pray the rosary and seldom set aside the time to do so during an average day.
I listen to music, and I try to make it all upbuilding and joyful to help in my "smile always" task.
Yesterday a lady came up to me and handed me a few dollars saying "Go get yourself something warm to drink after your shift is over. You are doing a great job." This lady blessed me so much! Especially considering yesterday I was sick and standing in the cold with a sign was even less enjoyable than it had been.
I guess what I want to say is that even when we don't feel like we could be blessed God finds ways to do so. If there is one thing I have learned from my job it is that. God bless!
Peace and love in Christ,
Alyse

1 comment:

  1. Alyse,
    I hope things get better for you sweetie. I am sorry you have been ill.

    ReplyDelete