Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

New Family

Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
My dad just got married this last Sunday. He is married to a wonderful woman who's name is Simona, she is from Rome, Italy. She came in with her daughter, her mother, and her stepfather. I was really blessed by being able to meet all of them.

The wedding was so nice and all of the family was there, having a great time, and enjoying each other's company. The reception was at a beautiful bed and breakfast and it was really nice.

My new little sister's name is Beatrice, she is the cutest! She is four years old and has the sweetest personality. She only speaks Italian, but with a little effort you can hardly feel the language barrier. God blessed me so much with her openness and free spirit. He reminded me of the beauty of playing with children, and blessed me so much with her. On the way to the airport today we played with dolls, something I haven't done in years! I really felt God's blessing during the time we had with Simona's family.

God has the funniest way of doing things, like giving me a family in Italy :) I have really enjoyed my visit with Dad, Simona, and her family, although her family left today. It reminded me of my family in the international church and that there are people to love and enjoy all around the world!

Peace and love in Christ,
Alyse

1 comment:

  1. Alyse,

    I am glad it went well. Your post is very nice.

    But seriously do you exoect us to believe a child that young can speak Italian already?

    ReplyDelete