Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Spring

Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
Today we stepped out of our house and I saw this beautiful tree. I saw how beautiful and bright the flowers on it were and how happy and new it looked. I also noticed that the tree itself could have been mistaken for dead. There weren't any leaves on it and it was dry, brown, and twiggy. I pointed it out and my sister said, "I bet if you cut it open it is green on the inside."

I looked once more at that little tree with the beautiful flowers and it made me think of God. So often I find myself in a spiritually dry place, it seems like my relationship with God is almost lifeless, just the twigs of what had been a beautiful relationship. But then you see God turn it around and make beautiful life spring from what had been dead! In the bible you read about the dry bones that came back to life, that is what that tree reminded me of. The picture is below and you can see what I am talking about. Such a dead tree has so much life inside of it that it no longer is dead but is giving life!

My friend and I were having an awesome conversation the other day. She said that when God gives you spiritual dryness it is to bring about something new and wonderful. Like Winter, if it were Spring all of the time you wouldn't be able to see the beauty of what is present. God may give us times where we feel dead or dried up but his plan is so much greater! He gives us those times so that he can work in the secrets of our hearts and bring about a spiritual Spring!



Our plans are different from God's but he tells us "I know the plans I have for you. Plans for your well fare and not for your woe. Plans to give you a future filled with hope".
Praise God for his goodness and his perfect plan!

Peace and love in Christ,
Alyse

No comments:

Post a Comment