Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!!!

Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia! Yay, I can say it again :) He is risen from the dead! God, who died three days ago, conquered death and rose! How beautiful! How absolutely amazing and wonderful is our God, that even the chains of death could not hold him. He rose again and brought us hope, he wiped our tears and put an end to our mourning!

My brother, after watching the Passion, said, "How sad would it be if after all of that he didn't rise?" There wouldn't be any joy after the suffering. God came back!

At mass today it was packed, standing room only. It makes you want to get to learn punctuality :) Standing and watching all of the people squeezed into the pews, and singing joyful songs to the Lord, is enough to make you want to sing, dance and shout to the top of your lungs, "He is risen!" Thankfully I didn't, considering I would have been dragged out of church and probably looked at funnily. But how awesome huh? How awesome is our God!

When I woke up in the morning I had this fluttery feeling in my stomach. I walked into the living room and saw a sheet over the Easter baskets, and my mom preparing a feast. We acted out the resurrection story, which is funny considering we are all a little "old for that" :) and then we opened baskets. Easter is one of the few days where you can eat so much candy that you feel sick, take a break, and there is more candy that you feel you have to eat, cuz hey it's Easter! We went to mass, came home, ate a HUGE Easter lunch/feast and the day is not even over! Colorful eggs, baskets, candy, mass, pretty dresses, and most of all the celebration of one of the most fantastic events in history! I love Christmas, and it is such a beautiful, fantastic, holy, blessed holiday, which I love; but everyone is born. Easter, on the other hand, is a celebration of resurrection, which not everybody does :)

So, I want to say a few things. I love Easter! God is sooooo good! Alleluia! and, HAPPY EASTER!!!!!

Peace and love in Christ,
Alyse

No comments:

Post a Comment