Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

A Reading That I Love

Dear brothers and sisters in Christ,

I really loved the second reading yesterday at mass. It is Peter 2:4-9 but I am just going to share two little snippets that I particularly enjoyed. The first is this: "Come to him, a living stone, rejected by human beings but chosen and precious in the sight of God, and, like living stones, let yourselves be built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ."

I was wondering what a "living stone" was, and then I realized it is to be alive. Instead of something that is dead, and therefore without life, we are to be full of life for God, even if you are a stone. Also, I love that part where is says to let yourselves be built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood. The truth of being something bigger than just yourself, to be a part of a community forming a house for God through self denial. I just love that! We, his living stones, are brought together to be something beautiful for the glory of God.

I also love the part at the end where it says: "But you are "a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people of his own, so that you may announce the praises" of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. "

I feel that that passage really encompasses the necessity of evangelization in a very short sentence. The fact that we are God's chosen people is why we must announce the praises of him who saved us. He, who called us out of darkness and into a wonderful light. A wonderful light, doesn't that sound fantastic? A light that must be spread because it is the light of the savior of nations! Praise be to Him!

Peace and love in Christ,
Alyse

No comments:

Post a Comment