Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Few Little Things

Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

First of all, happy mother's day to all of you mothers out there. We can all honestly say we wouldn't be where we are today without you :) I hope you are all abundantly blessed on this day.

A few days ago my family and I went into Lafayette for my mom to have a D and C, the doctor said it was mandatory so that she wouldn't run the risk of hemorrhaging to death again. My mom's surgery went perfectly, and now she is recovering and off of bed rest. I do ask all of you to pray for her healing, we don't know what the matter is but God does, so please send prayers our way. My mom is such a strong woman of God, and I admire how well she has handled this situation.

We had already planned to go into Lafayette for my cousin's first communion and so my siblings and I attended. It was a beautiful mass. There were so many children receiving the beautiful sacrament of Jesus' presence that day. For my first communion I was all alone, so I didn't have a church jammed full of people. But for theirs the church was absolutely packed. My cousins read the prayers of the faithful in mass and I was really blessed to be there. The priest gave a great homily. His name is Father Blessing, which I think is a great name for a priest! He told a funny story that I want to share. He said that he was shopping at a local grocery store and a woman came up to him. She said,
"I think I know you from some where."
He said she couldn't guess and so she said,
"Give me a hint."
He replied,
"Mass?"
She said,
"No, that's not it."
He laughed and let her continue to guess for a little while. He finally said,
"At church on Sunday?"
She said,
"Oh yeah! I didn't recognize you with your normal clothes on."
He said that was a good analogy for us and God. Sometimes we don't recognize God in our everyday lives, even though he is always there. I liked that a lot, partially because that is one thing my blog is dedicated to, recognizing Him every day. So, I was blessed by that and decided to share it with you all.

Have a blessed weekend everyone!
Peace and love in Christ,
Alyse

No comments:

Post a Comment