Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My week in General Cepeda

Dear readers,
I was so incredibly blessed by my week in General Cepeda. We had a small group of people which was so nice since we all really got to know each other. I was able to lead home visits and I visited my wonderful brothers and sisters who live so simply and welcome me so warmly each and every time I go to be with them. The week was really special because we had so many FMC missionaries there for that trip it was Me, Erika, Teresa, Breanne, Susanna, James and Jonathan. At night we would go out for an evening of wonderful Ejido (rancho) visits. I was blessed to share my testimony along with the group since it was small enough to be able to do so. I translated, Tonio preached and played guitar and Breanne and James were there as well, praising it up, and spreading missionary joy and love wherever they went. Victoria and Rachel were there as well with the group that came from Colorado. For desert day we went up to one of my favorite places, the cave. This cave has so much history! During the Christian persecution people would go in secret and a priest would celebrate mass. Also while we were in General Cepeda we had “Cenaculos”, which means “upper room” with the whole town. Once a month they all get together then walk to 12 homes where they expose Jesus for an hour with prayer and meditation, then all 12 sectors all head back to the church with singing and praising for a beautiful mass together. So many other beautiful and wonderful things happened the week I spent in General and I will hopefully write about them soon! But until then God Bless! Also, I will hopefully post my Faith Camp/ Covecrest pics soon, sorry that it is taking so long!
Peace and Love in Christ,
Alyse

1 comment: