Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

New school year

Dear brothers and sisters in Christ,
Today I started school. I am so ready for this school year! I am excited about my subjects and about all of the other things that I hope to do. I am so excited because this year I will study philosophy and apologetics as two of my classes. I really hope that these help me start to prepare for all of the things that God has planned for me and to live in the present the way I should be. I am really at peace with this upcoming year of school, I fell sure that God will bless it and make it bear fruit. I had my first philosophy class today and I came across a really cool point by St. Thomas Aquinas it is "That in which a man rests as in his last end is master of his affections, since he takes from it his entire rule of life." It made me start to think. It made me think what was the point of my life, as in what is my last end? I believe it is heaven and to be the best missionary I can be but is that what guides my actions? It is a lot to think about. It really made me think about it, and I know that I need to find my goal, the goal that God wants for me and live for it. It is a big task but I think it will be good to know and to work towards it. I am so blessed to live in such a comfortable house and to have such a great life, but it makes it easy to start to become lazy. I do not want to fall into laziness or to lack zeal. I am excited about living in this new place, I hope it helps me start to form good habits and live on fire and like a person truly in love! I pray for all of you daily, please pray for me. God bless and keep on keeping on!
Peace and Love in Christ,
Alyse

No comments:

Post a Comment