Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A tornado and a rosary

Dear brothers and sisters in Christ,
Just the other day my friends and I sat comfortably on a bed watching a movie when my Mommee came in and told us to turn it off. We closed my computer and headed to the hallway where my family was gathering. She told us that there was a tornado warning in our area and that we would all have to sit in the hall together just until it passed. We grabbed a sleeping bag and a basket of rosaries and settled down in the hallway, the centermost point of the house. Soon all of the people on premiss had been called for and gathered and we started a rosary. I must admit I was scared, not to the point that I believed that t I was going to die, although the thought did cross my mind. We sat together and as we prayed I thought of what would happen if by some crazy chance I would die. Was I ready to die? Not really, I thought of so many things I could have done better. I knew I most probably would not die because of a tornado but if I had then what would have happened? It made me realize the importance of being constantly prepared. Who knows when I will die? But the important thing is to always have my soul prepared for when it is my time to go. The rosary blessed me alot, knowing that Mary was there with us, praying for us. After it cleared everything went back to normal but the experience stuck with me. I pray that I can always be prepared for what is unexpected to me.
Peace and Love in Christ,
Alyse

1 comment:

  1. Alyse,
    It was good to see you again over here. Hopefully, next time we won't invite a tornado...

    ReplyDelete