Pages

Friday, April 23, 2010

At all costs

Dear readers,
I am reading through the acts of the apostles. I love it! To see how our church began and how valiant in preaching the gospel all of the saints were is truly inspiring. But, one thing in particular is sticking out to me throughout the whole thing and that is how fearless and unafraid they were to preach! St. Paul, knew it best of all because he himself used to persecute the Christians. And yet he preached and proclaimed valiantly. Reading about Martyrs always inspires me. I say I would die for Jesus, but would I? I don't think I will ever know unless I am confronted by the situation. Yeah, I am and have been persecuted but that is different. That consists of pride, my own concern with reputation, not my life. Would I, Alyse, die for Christ? I can only hope so. "For me life is Christ and death is gain." I want to live that. Of course I HIGHLY doubt that, I, or any of you will be martyred but there is always a possibility. And I guess my point is, like those before us, those who founded our faith they had something different. They were so unafraid! I want to be like that. I want when people to see me and hear me just to know that I am ready to die for Jesus because that is how strongly I believe in what I say and because, if that is necessary, that is the most I can do and I am willing to do it. Please pray that God gives me the courage to die for him if ever needed and to live for him every day!
Peace and Love in Christ,
Alyse

2 comments:

  1. The Acts is a powerful adventure stroy in faith. How I used to love to read it when I was your age and it still inspires and illumniates. How come I have not seen your family since Thursday morning (except KG)? Are all of you alright?
    Love,
    Uncle Beau

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes we are great, we are just not here

    ReplyDelete