Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Rainbows and wonder

Dear readers,
On my caming trip I was surounded with breathtaking beauty. I was totally blown away once more by God's love for us, so much and to the great extent that he created natuer not only to give us life, but to let it create moments that forever encrypt themselves into our memories and rock our worlds! One night I decided to go out to the end of our peninsula and sit on a wonderful rock overlooking the lake. I opened my Bible and read until the light was no longer bright enough to lend itself to that purpose. So I closed my Bible and decided to sit and be with God. After about 2 minutes one of th emost beautiful things I have ever seen happened. The lake turned rainbow, flooding out of the black tree line and creating layers of red, orange, green, blue, and violet. The water was painted in the most radiant beautiful colors that God created. Then, over the tree line, the sky was rainbow as well. The red touching the tree line and the other colors progressing up into the open sky and turning black where one single star glittered brilliantly in the sky. I was going to run for a camera but didn' because I might have missed this glorious scene and because I knew that a picture wouldn't do this justice! So I sat, the sky was held in this beautiful state for about 2 minutes then slowly drifted into a star filled night. I know with utmost certainty that I will remember this for as long as I live. And as I sat there I wondered how any one could look upon this and simply think "Oh what a lovely phenomenon of nature." And not feel deep in their heart the truth that God had painted that scene from the beging of time. As I sat on that rock and stared breathlessly at that lake I knew that, that was one of the most precious memories of my life. I walked away feeling as if I was floating and just writing about it again makes my heart swell.
Our heavenly father loves us! He doesn't love us with leftover love or his surplus, he loves us with his whole heart. And he is dying to show it to us. He is reaching out in every way possible to get that message through! Have a super blessed day!
Peace and Love in Christ,
Alyse

2 comments:

  1. I love this magazine article. I mean fusing text and pictures into your post. It makes it all really nice.

    ReplyDelete