Pages

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Childlike

Dear readers,
A couple of days ago I went and helped my friend babysit a little missionary girl named Maria. When we tucked her in something she said truly touched me. She thanked God for all that she had that really spoke to me then she prayed for discernment in her vocation. Wow. This little girl of six years old is praying for her vocationa lready. Talk about being a step ahead. Even I don't always remember to pray for that and I just started doing it recently. The faith with which she asked God for her simple intentions and thanked him so sincerley made me know without a doubt that God was so proud. I could feel just a little bit of how precious she was in his sight. It made me understand why Jesus loved the little children! Of course I do too but it is just so amazing the way that she loves him. I am praying that I can be as trusting in God and as faith filled as Maria is! There is so much we can learn from children! There are so many things that we should turn to and resort to that children do naturally! I just wanted to share that with ya'll!
Peace and Love in Christ,
Alyse

3 comments:

  1. Very nice!
    It is still hard for your old uncle to remember that one of my favorite sources of childlike insight intot the universe is now grown into blogging young lady about to be 15!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alyse that's awesome! You open my eyes up to new things every time I read your blog! Thank you! Is it Maria Brown?

    ReplyDelete
  3. :-) thank you!
    Yes Hollis it is!

    ReplyDelete