Pages

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sheep

Dear readers,
Something that the priest said in mass today really touched me. He was commenting on how Jesus calls us his sheep and he our shepard. I know this. My grandpa loves the image of Jesus as the good shepard and I do too. But he said something different. When we think of sheep we don't think strong, we don't thank smart or courageous. We think of something that is simple and docile something that is obedient and loving. And if you take a sheep away and let it roam it gets lost. It is helpless and it can't find it's way back alone. Unlike dogs and cats that can get lost and eventually wonder back a sheep wouldn't do that. Just because it couldn't. Not without help. And yet we are Jesus sheep, not his wolves or his super-powered warriors, just sheep. And I know I wouldn't want to be a sheep without a Shepard, but thankfully I don't need to be. Because Jesus is my shepperd! Praise God, huh? And even though we are his simple sheep, he loves us and knows us by name. He is our shepard and protector! Praise God!
Peace and Love in Christ,
Alyse

No comments:

Post a Comment