Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

You are all I want

Dear readers,
yesterday at mission formation we sang the song the goes "you are all I want, you are all I ever need..." and something jumped out at me for the first time ever. I have known that song for so many years and yet the line "you are all I want" never meant anything to me. As I was singing the song I was overwhelmed with the sense of truth, the truth that I was singing. And I realized, God is all I want. God has given us free will and hearts that can want and desire things. And the fact that God is all we want is true. In life, as humans our desire is for happiness, love, confidence, security and freedom. Now, with all of those things that we want and search for in so many different, and often times false, ways the thing we long for the most is ultimately God. We add superfluous fluff around the edges and lie to ourselves saying that God isn't complete satisfaction, that maybe if I get that shirt or that house or that car I will be satisfied. And yet we can receive all of these things and thousands more and be totally and utterly miserable. God is all we want, God is all we need! And guess what, he has given it to us! Love, freedom, satisfaction happiness and confidence is ours. Only maybe we have pushed the gift aside and let it gather dust. If you send a person a gift and they let is sit in their mailbox the gift is theirs it is just unused and undiscovered. Why don't you reach out for It? Reach out, receive and be satisfied.
Peace and Love in Christ,
Alyse
Oh I am sorry if I can't post for a couple of days I am going camping with my family!

1 comment:

  1. Have a great camping trip with your family as you seek to stay close to Jesus Christ.

    ReplyDelete