Pages

Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter

Dear readers,
Yesterday was a truly blessed Easter! I love Easter, it is so blessed and wonderful. But something particularly struck out to me yesterday. As I heard the reading of the Resurrection for the second time I realized something I had known before but not always acknowledged. OK, so everyone is born. And of course we celebrate Jesus's birth on Christmas. But look at how few people rose from the dead. very few. And yet Jesus even one upped them because not only did he rise from the dead then he ascended into heaven! It is so beautiful. What a story huh? Easter Sunday isn't about stuffing yourself with pound of chocolate or wearing nice spring colored clothing it is about true joy! It is about the conquer of death, let me repeat that, the conquer of death! Because our God wasn't just hung on a cross to save us he descended into hell and then he rose from the dead! Our God is an awesome God! And Easter is a perfect time to come into perfect happiness and bliss with that knowledge! Praise God for his wondrous deeds alleluia!
Peace and love in Christ,
Alyse

No comments:

Post a Comment