Pages

Monday, February 8, 2010

The Dentist office

Today I went to the Dentist office. I was kindly accompanied to a chair where I laid down and soon after was shot in the gums and had four different tools stuck in my mouth one of which was drilling holes into my tooth. It was a surreal experience, my mouth was numb and when i looked up three different lights were pointed at my face, well not really but it felt like it.
And weirdly enough while I sat there I thought about purgatory and confession. I realized my cavity was my sin and Jesus was the dentist; I know it sounds silly, but my brain just works like that. Anyway I realized after contemplating more that my metaphor was dead on. Our sin builds up, we think it is gone but then it starts to rot away at our life, leaving black holes in what was once good. It is also painful, it gets stuck so deep into our lives that it gets to the point theres only one thing we can do that will be affective. Get it drilled out.
Of course if Jesus wasn't in the equation it would be a sad ending, but he is. He comes and not only takes away our sin but fills the gaps it left with something stronger than before. I happily await lent, a wonderful time to get our sin out. During meditation on the greatest gift ever given we can renew our souls and get filled up in order to live life to the fullest, with nothing holding us back. Praise God for his mercy!!!
God Bless always,
Alyse

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Finding Jesus in the everyday activities of life - even the dentist's office - is the surest path to holiness. I think you are already ahead of me here :)

    ReplyDelete