Pages

Friday, February 26, 2010

Si Dios Quiere

Dear readers,
The other day while I thought of the many reasons I love Mexico I remembered a phrase that is a part of their culture that I love. It is "Si Dios quiere" it means "God willing". This is a phrase that we use in the USA but not half as often as there. Every time they say see you later or speak of the future they add si Dios quiere at the end. So basically every aspect of their lives is based and reliant on God. Our lives are based on God as well but we don't always admit or acknowledge it. How sad huh? God gives us everything and we don't even talk about him that often. I don't expect to change all of the world to have a wonderful phrase like si Dios quiere but that doesn't mean I don't want it to. I just hope that we can be a culture that talks more about God. Let everything that you say praise the Lord.
Peace and love in Christ!
Alyse

No comments:

Post a Comment