Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Careful what you say

Dear readers,
Yesterday I was reminded of the power of words. I don't curse and I try my hardest to control what I say but now I feel convicted beyond that. When I get annoyed I naturally blurt out "stupid thing" so I will say "stupid dog" or "stupid book" or really just anything that annoys me. But yesterday as I was making a bed a sat up and knocked a cross off of the wall. I automatically blurted out "stupid cross." That is when it hit me. I quickly apologized to God but it doesn't matter. Of course the cross is far from stupid but that is just what I have programed myself to say. I remembered a wonderful Bible verse, one of my absolute favorites. It reads "If anyone does not fall short in speach, he is a perfect man, able to bridle his whole body also. If we put bits into the mouths of horses to make them obey us we also guide their whole bodies." James 3:2-3.
I am not thoroughly convinced tha tif I cut out everything wrong I say I will be perfect. But it definitely makes a difference speaking kindly and lovingly. I now am trying to monitor what I say even more carefully. "Let everything you say glorify God"-I am not quite sure where that is from. SO thank you all for reading! I am praying for You!
Peace and Love in Christ,
Alyse

1 comment: