Pages

Friday, March 26, 2010

Have it together

Dear readers,
Wednesday night we had mission formation like we have weekly. My grandpa started off the night with sharing something he had on his heart and it inspired me so much I want to share it with you. He said he had been thinking a lot about our missionaries in the field. Right now no one really has any idea what they are doing. We have 11 missionaries in about 5 places and no one "has it together". As in has everything planned out. He made a wonderful point. The kind of people that "have it together" do nothing but sit around at home, do very little and what they are doing is getting it together. And ultimately what? You have it together, and then? When people look at the life of a missionary I am sure that no one thinks "wow that person has it together!" But that doesn't matter. Why? Because, more importantly than us having it together God does. I am not even going to pretend I know what will happen once I graduate high school, I am not even going to say I will go to college, because I truly don't know. For all I know I won't be alive by my next birthday, and so how will I make plans for 5 or 10 years in the future if I don't even have the promise of tomorrow. Think of all of the saints who spent a lot of time in prison, did they "have it together?" No! But God did and he worked wonders through their lives. I write this partially to give life to my thoughts/words. Once I have posted this comment each one of you will know that I, Alyse 14 year old missionary, give my life and the plan that accompanies it to God.
Peace and Love in Christ!
Alyse

No comments:

Post a Comment