Pages

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Walking

Dear readers,
Two days ago I decided to "run" with my mom. She runs a mile and then walks a mile back. I threw on some excersise clothes and went with her. I discovered two things. The first, I will never ever run in the olympics and second I live in a beautiful place. I basically live in the middle of no where. But it is so pretty. I have gone on hat road at least 20 times before and I never noticed how beautiful it is. Foot and a half high flowers line the side of the road, the way the sun hits the trees looks like it came from a picture book and all of the houses are so cute and quaint looking. But when you are in a car going 60 miles an hour you don't notice these things. It goes by in a blur of color and you are probably so distracted by being in the car you might not notice the beautiful scenery.
So many times we get acustommed with our comfortable lives. We dont realize the value of having a bed or getting up and fiding our pantries full to the brim. We go to and from work or school and dont recognize the wonder that it is to have automobiles. And it is sad that sometimes it takes going out of your way, in my case being phisically out of shape, and slowing things down 1000 notches to get a grasp of reality again. Since then I have been trying to open my eyes to the beauty of nature and of company and I have been pleasantly surprised. You should try it too!
Peace and Love in Christ!
Alyse

No comments:

Post a Comment