Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

First Communion

Dear readers,
Yesterday was my brother's first Communion. It was so beautiful to see the joy that lit up his face! My uncle Simon started to cry with joy and my heart bursted with joy and love! But something that really touched my heart was what he said to me the day before. We were talking about his first Communion and I said "are you excited to receive Jesus?" He thought I said "Are you excited to see Jesus?" And he said something beautiful, he said "I have already seen Jesus before, but I will get to receive him."
I thought it was so beautiful how he acknowledged seeing Jesus's face in those around him. And afterwards he said how great it felt to have Jesus inside of him. I love being reminded of the delight it is to be able to receive holy Communion. I know that all of heaven was rejoicing with the small chapel in my little bitty home town! God bless all of you!
Peace and Love in Christ!
Alyse

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your brother! I am going to recieve mine on May, 8, 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is so great! Congratulations to you too!

    ReplyDelete