Pages

Monday, March 15, 2010

Rancho Visits

Dear readers,
I would just like to give you an idea of one of the major ministries we do while we are here. General Cepeda has around 50 surrounding villages, they receive mass every other week, maybe. We go and read from scripture and remind them that they are not forgotten, that God has not abandoned them and that we haven't either. These people have faith beyond mine and i am thoroughly convinced way beyond a mustard seed. When we share our testimonies or the gospel of the week all eyes are fixed directly on us, with unwavering looks and understanding smiles. I stand up every night and translate for the English speaker's testimonies. I shake off my nervousness by being thoroughly convinced that I, Alyse Elizabeth 14 year old missionary, am doing the work of God, the work that Jesus left for you and I to accomplish. I can do nothing other than be a telephone between God and his people, and yet that is so much greater a work than I am worth to do. I remind myself that God doesn't call the qualified he qualifies the called. And I know if just a small message of Love and Forgiveness is passed on to them it is enough for me to get over myself, jump out of my comfort zone and be who God wants me to be.
Who am I? I ask myself. I am just a high-schooler, with amazing experiences no doubt, but it is just little Alyse. And yet I am beyond content to be that because I am doing His work!
Peace and Love in Christ Jesus,
Alyse

No comments:

Post a Comment