Pages

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Shoot with a Mission!

Dear readers,
Today was the annual fundraiser by FMC, shoot with a mission. It is a clay pigeon shoot where people come in teams of four and go out to the target stations to shoot the targets. Praise God we had a nice turn out with many wonderful people! I go the job of sitting at a station and pressing one of two buttons to fire the pigeons. It was a new experience for me, my ears are still ringing with gun shots and I am tense for flinching each time I heard one fired at my station. Sitting there for so long I realized I would never be ready to hear the shot. Because even though I sat there for over an hour I would still jump each time any person shot. All I could do was sit there, endure, and do my little job. And even though it was little it was the most important, without me pushing those little metal buttons they wouldn't have accomplished their mission. I feel that sometimes the same concept applies in my life. I am God's little stepping stone, and I will never be prepared for what he fires. All I can rely on is my own ability to do my job for as long as he needs me. God bless!
Peace and Love in Christ,
Alyse

No comments:

Post a Comment