Pages

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Speaking

Dear readers,
Yesterday we went to talk with a 6th grade catechism class about missions. It was so blessed! There is nothing that pumps me up like missions does! It was so great to see their faces light up when we talked to them about everything that we do. It is so nice to be able to spread the mission of the church with those around you, especially if they want to hear it! It was a super blessed experience, they gathered a bunch of rosaries and prayer cards for people in General Cepeda. I pray that we lit the burning in their hearts for missions!
It was funny because I thought about planning what to say but then remembered the scripture that said let the spirit speak through you. So I basically stood up and gave my testimony. It was so blessed and I know that the spirit worked through that more than if I had ever planned anything on my own. I also ask yall to pray becuase public speaking really scares me. I have had the grace to get better with the past groups I have led, translating and encouraging testimonies. But still it is frightning. I pray that one day I will hav ehte courage to lead a teaching in one of the ranchos. Please pray that we get some more groups together this year! Well God Bless!
Peace and Love in Christ,
Alyse
Thank you all for reading! I am praying for you!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I am one of the 6th graders that you spoke to. I was wondering if Mexico is completely different from us. Like, we have a church almost around every corner. Is it like completely different in Mexico?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, Especially in General Cepeda. They have one church in the whole town. It is very far for some people to walk to. And out of the 52 ranchos only 46 have a chapel, and most of them are very small.

    ReplyDelete